Monday, October 12, 2009

The Bubble Stage


As children, everyone loved bubbles. There was a fascination about them that excited us. I have been around several kids this weekend and it made me think.. When do we lose the bubble stage of our lives? The stage where everything is perfect and there is not a care in the world. We learn so much during this stage of our lives because our curiosity is running wild. Shouldn't we always be like that? Questioning everything, and never taking anything for granted. As we start to grow up, enter school, and become individuals we lose that excitement for life that all kids have. I had an awesome experience on Saturday going out on the boat with my boyfriend and some of his family friends along with their children. I realized while we were riding around the lakes that those two boys had such a joy about them, and i wanted it. As Americans everything is go, go, go all the time. We never sit back to enjoy the little things, the bubbles, in our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment