Thursday, June 16, 2011

So here goes..



Since graduation I have partially moved home. I left all my furniture and main belongings in Auburn but packed up all my clothes and my most needed items and brought them home. It is almost as if i have moved home but only for the summer. My lease does not end in my apartment in Auburn until August 1st so I have been using it as storage. My plan has been to hopefully find a job in Orlando by the end of the summer and move my furniture directly to Orlando from Auburn.

Finding a job has been as tough, if not tougher than I thought it would be. I started looking for jobs back in February but after graduation it was full speed ahead. My days consist of sitting in front of the computer applying for jobs. Since moving home I honestly feel depressed, I don't know if its the lack of attention from employers or just wanting to be in Orlando with Jared.
Needless to say, this has put a little strain on Jared and I. I honestly have not felt like myself at all for probably the past month.

To make things worse, my mom is not ready to let me leave. She wants to pretend that I am in high school and incapable of keeping up with my debit card. She forgets that I lived on my own for four years of college and survived. I know that it is a mother's nature to care and want her children protected so i do understand where she comes from. On the other hand, I am 22 and I am ready to make my own choices.

I know that I want to be in Orlando, I have since Jared and I first talked it over a year ago. But, I am scared. I am one of the most analytical people on the planet (helps being a math major), but it is not a great when making a huge decision that I wish was easier. Most times I am able to weigh both sides of the situation and make an executive decision, but when emotions are involved it becomes 10x harder. -I have my family in Huntsville and my Dad could get me a great paying job in heart beat. All i have to do is ask. BUT Jared is in Orlando. No job.. yet.. but Jared is in Orlando.

I do think I am sacrificing a lot of things by moving to Orlando but my happiness is not one of them. I am making a huge commitment, yes. But luckily Jared and I are on the same page. So, honestly I think I will take my happiness any day.

No comments:

Post a Comment