Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Ms. Mobley

I am writing with wonderful news:

Over the past month and a half so much in my life has changed. I interviewed for a teaching position at an Orlando public high school and they offered me a full-time tutoring position. I honestly thought that tutoring was where i needed to be and I was very happy with my decision to accept. In the mean-time i had denied an offer to apply at a private Christian school because they not only wanted me to teach high school math but chemistry as well. I did not feel that is was a good fit for me, and i knew that i would not be very good chemistry teacher.

Oh, how the Lord works! I received an email from the high school i had accepted a tutoring job at that said, "We are not sure how many tutors we are going to be able to hire but we will let you know something as soon as possible...". Personally i think that was really unprofessional and it honestly made me angry. BUT later that SAME day i received and email from Central Florida Christian Academy wanting me to re-consider interviewing for their math position because chemistry was no longer part of the qualifications.

This past Monday, August 1, I interviewed and they offered me the high school math position. I will be teaching Algebra 1, Algebra 2, Geometry, Pre-Calculus, and Calculus. I am a little overwhelmed but i do know that God answers prayers... in his own time.. at the Perfect Time. School starts next Thursday, August 11, whether i'm ready or not. Its sink or swim and i am choosing to swim.

I am in love with all the faculty at CFCA already, everyone has been beyond helpful. I am sure by the end of next week they will be ready to murder me but we just have to take it one day at a time.

God is so Good.

No comments:

Post a Comment